Technology company VMWare introduced its new strategy in addressing the challenges companies face in maintaining a multi-cloud approach during the annual VMWorld 2021. The VMWare Cross-Cloud approach is a group of integrated services that will enable customers to build, run, and secure apps across any cloud with freedom and flexibility.
“Multi-cloud is the digital business model for the next 20 years, as entire industries reinvent themselves,” said Raghu Raghuram, CEO, VMware, during his keynote at the VMWorld held virtually. “It’s no longer about a ‘cloud first’ approach but it’s about being ‘cloud smart’. Organizations should have the freedom to choose the ‘right’ cloud, based on their strategic business goals.”
VMWare also reported that 75% of its customers worldwide are relying on two or more public clouds while 40% are using three or more. According to the company, organizations are running an average of 500 applications to drive businesses “and those apps are distributed across clouds.”
“With our cloud-agnostic approach, we are uniquely positioned to meet our customers where they are and take them where they want to go,” Raghuram said. “We give every organization the power to accelerate their innovation and control their own destiny in the multi-cloud era.”
VMware Cross-Cloud services expand the capabilities of VMware’s product portfolio for a multi-cloud world and will allow customers to pick and choose the services needed on the desired cloud to meet evolving business demands.
VMware Cross-Cloud services are comprised of five core building blocks:
• A state-of-the-art platform for building and deploying cloud-native apps;
• Cloud infrastructure for operating and running enterprise apps;
• Cloud management for monitoring and managing the performance and cost of apps across different clouds;
• Security and networking that spans across entire multi-cloud operations to connect and better secure all apps;
• A digital workspace to empower the distributed workforce along with edge solutions to deploy and manage edge-native apps.
VMWare cites three key advantages of its VMware Cross-Cloud services which include an accelerated journey to the cloud, cost efficiency, flexibility, and control across any cloud.