With a highly infectious disease disrupting life in many countries significantly, many businesses are doing everything it can to ensure business continuity. Health authorities said that aside from mass testing, another way to avoid its spread is social or physical distancing which can only be possible with quarantine.
That said, cash flow should not be interrupted but cash on hand during purchases may not be as safe before. Online or cashless payments are highly encouraged as using one’s own smartphone or paying online won’t require any contact with bills.
Amid the chaos, Philippine financial technology company PayMaya received fresh funding from existing and new investors to expand its services. With the global health emergency situation showing no signs of letting up, it is safe to say that to those who are able, cashless payment using smartphones may be one of the safe ways to keep the virus at bay.
To those who still don’t have an account, download the app and register. To avail yourselves of more services, upgrade your account as soon as possible. It doesn’t require much and takes only a few minutes. Just prepare an identification card for verification.
If you are using online banking, it is recommended to link the account — debit or credit card — for quick digital money transfer. However, if you can’t and need to go out to send money, there are various outlets to Add Money.
You can Pay Bills through the PayMaya app. Just choose the Biller and pay the amount.
PayMaya allows you to Send Money to loved ones especially now that town and provincial borders are closed as the result of the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine.
- Send to another PayMaya account via the “Send Money” function on your PayMaya app
- Send to any bank under Instapay via the “Bank Transfer” function on your PayMaya app
- Send to Smart Padala agents/Palawan Express via the “Send Money” function on your PayMaya app (don’t forget to make sure that your Smart Padala agent is open.)
If you still have something to spare and want to donate, you can do so through the PayMaya app.
- Log in to your PayMaya account
- Click the ‘Pay Bills’ button
- Choose from among the organizations with the hashtag #OneAgainstCOVID19 you want to donate to
- In the Account Number field, enter ‘00000’
- In the Amount field, enter the amount you want to donate
- Once done, click continue. Review the information you have entered, then click ‘Pay’
- You will receive an SMS in your mobile phone regarding the donationDonations collected via these #OneAgainstCOVID19 channels will be received by PayMaya and remitted to their respective recipient organizations.
To know more about this initiative, visit this page.