Rubrik, the cloud data management company, announced updates to its cloud data management platform, offering global enterprises best-in-class data storage, protection, and orchestration.
Details of Rubrik’s winter product release were shared today in a virtual event with top IT industry leaders, emphasizing the company’s focus on helping today’s businesses modernize and automate, extend to the cloud and mitigate risk around their soaring volumes of data.
“Rubrik is driving a revolution in modern data management,” said Dan Rogers, president at Rubrik. “With Andes 5.3, innovative companies can add automation to their data operations, protection across hybrid environments including all three major public cloud providers, and mitigate increasing data risks.”
Rubrik’s latest advancements come at a time when businesses are accelerating cloud adoption to better support distributed workforces and explosive data growth. In a recent report, global research and advisory firm Forrester predicted that, largely as a result of the pandemic, the global public cloud infrastructure will grow 35% in 2021.
More than 59 zettabytes (ZB) of data will be created, captured, copied, and consumed in the world this year, according to a new update to the Global DataSphere from International Data Corporation (IDC). At the same time, global ransomware reports have increased by 715% YoY according to the BitDefender Mid-Year Threat Landscape Report, suggesting that bad actors are capitalizing on the pandemic and increase in remote work.
To thrive in this changing environment, enterprises need a data management solution that can seamlessly migrate and power on data in the cloud and protect against increasingly sophisticated cyberattacks. The Andes 5.3 release is designed to address the needs of customers by delivering more enterprise scale and performance, enhanced turnkey cloud migration, and expanded intelligent risk mitigation.
Andes 5.3 offers improved performance benchmarks for large enterprise infrastructure and applications
- 10x faster backups of SQL Server environments with hundreds of databases per host–supporting up to 10,000 SQL databases on a single Rubrik 4-node cluster;
- Oracle backup speed doubled to nearly one gigabyte per second;
- A new ‘Recovery Validation’ feature for Oracle in Andes 5.3 will enable validation and recovery tests that ensure an Oracle database is recoverable;
- New Service Level Agreement (SLA) policies can be applied to Rubrik Elastic App Service or managed volumes–enabling full backup automation; and
- NAS restore performance has improved 3x and NetApp scanning performance has doubled, allowing for 35 million files to be scanned in less than 15 minutes.
Rubrik has focused on cloud since its inception and, with Andes 5.3, expands orchestration and cost control across private and public cloud infrastructures and hybrid environments:
- Now supporting Google Cloud to include VMs and file sets as well as automated discovery and backup of SAP HANA on Google Cloud using Rubrik SLA-based policies;
- Comprehensive hybrid-cloud VMware protection across on-premises, AWS, Azure and Google, and now VMware Cloud on AWS;
- Fully cloud-native Polaris for Amazon RDS enabling unified protection of RDS across multiple AWS accounts and regions, and recovery to different AWS regions
- New protection of Oracle databases on AWS and Azure; and
- Improved Smart Tiering to archive data to cool storage when storage savings are greater than the compute costs of having to reconstruct the data for recovery.