Due to popular industry demand, YouTube Works, in partnership with Kantar, is extending the deadline of the entry submission until April 20, 2021. The awards program aims to recognize and celebrate the most creative and effective content, campaigns, and channels on YouTube for 2020.
“We have seen how incredible digital content can drive equally powerful results. And this is why YouTube Works was made: to celebrate and champion the most creative and effective campaigns on YouTube and to set the bar even higher with how marketers tell brand stories and communicate with consumers,” said Gabby Roxas, head of Marketing at Google Philippines.
The recipients of YouTube Works awards will come from eight categories: Best Brand Channel, Force for Good, Best Collaboration, Best Long Form Storytelling, Best Multi-Video Storytelling, Best Personalization, The David, and Grand Prix.
YouTube reaches over 40 million viewers in PH
YouTube Kids adds 100 more movies, special features
The David award honors the campaign that created a Goliath-sized impact for a David-sized brand. The Grand Prix, on the other hand, is given to a category winner that demonstrated excellence throughout the entire process, from identifying critical consumer insights and building creative ideas, to executing the campaign through effective media buying, and powerful messaging in all assets and formats.
Recognized individuals from the marketing industry, creatives, brand, media, film, and content creation will make up the panel of judges including:
- Aileen Magdaluyo (Head of Media, Universal Robina Corporation)
- Antoinette Jadaone (Director/Writer/Producer)
- Arline Adeva (AVP of Brand Comms, PR and Digital Marketing, Jollibee)
- Badong Abesamis (Founding Partner, Gigil)
- Carlo de Leon (Head of Media and Content, Wavemaker)
- Leigh Reyes (Jury Head; President, IMMAP; and C3PO [Chair 3meritus and Product Officer] of MullenLowe TREYNA)
- Marvin Tiu Lim (President, PANA; Chief Growth and Development Officer, Mega Global Corp)
- Melvin Mangada (Chairman, 4As; Chairman & Chief Creative Officer, TBWA\Santiango Mangada Puno)
- Mike Sicam (Group Executive Creative Director, Ogilvy Philippines)
- Mimiyuuuh (YouTube Creator)
- Oliver Austria (YouTube Creator)
- Quenten Smith (PMX Lead, Publicis Media)
- Sunny Lucero (Head of Production & Creative Director, TBWA\SMP – How’s Everything?)
Digital content creation
“It heartens me to see how far we’ve come in digital marketing and how much farther we can go. That’s why I’m very excited to be part of the launch of YouTube Works in the Philippines because not only is it recognizing the best and most effective campaigns in the country, it’s also a way of raising the bar in terms of both innovation and effectiveness on YouTube especially during a time of great reset,” said Leigh Reyes, president, Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines (IMMAP), C3PO (chair 3meritus and product officer) of MullenLowe TREYNA, and jury head, YouTube Works.
The entries will be screened by British data and insight consultancy, Kantar, who will look across all the cases submitted to surface insights and stats on what an effective work on YouTube means and what products and strategies were the most successful.
“YouTube plays a key role in the digital content creation landscape and helps marketers to reach targeted audiences. YouTube Works is a program that combines both recognition and insights in one go. We, at Kantar, look forward to seeing the entries as we recognize the big strides the industry has taken in understanding the great ways people consume branded content,” said Gary de Ocampo, CEO, Insights Division, Kantar Philippines.
To enter the YouTube Works awards, submit entries here. The eligibility period is from January 1 to December 31, 2020.
Categories: Media Release