Japanese electronics company and manufacturer of computer printers Epson announced recently the launch of its high-speed line head Multi-Function monochrome inkjet printer for enterprise printing: the WorkForce Enterprise WF-M20590.
WorkForce Enterprise WF-M20590 can print at ultra-fast speeds of 100 pages per minute (ppm). Equipped with Epson’s PrecisionCore line head technology, the WF-M20590 delivers a fast first-page-out time of 6.2 seconds with minimal warm-up time. High-capacity ink cartridges yield up to 120,000 pages of high-quality prints, enabling continuous printing with uninterrupted downtime and a lower total cost of ownership. Designed to meet the high-volume printing needs of businesses, the printer can handle print volume of 20,000 to 100,000 pages per month.
As inkjet printers do not use heat in the printing process, they consume far less power than laser printers. The WorkForce Enterprise printers consume up to 85% less energy than a similar-speed laser printer, which can amount to significant cost savings in the office.
Inkjet printers also produce up to 85% less carbon dioxide than those of comparable laser printers3. This means that for every 8 cedar trees required to absorb the amount of carbon dioxide because of using a laser printer, an Epson inkjet printer requires only 1 cedar tree.
In terms of waste generation, the WorkForce Enterprise printers come with fewer components that need replacing, making them more convenient to operate as they require only changing of the ink cartridges and maintenance box as compared to the toner, drum, developer, fusers and more components for laser models.
This translates to 59% less replacement parts compared to laser printers4, significantly reducing the amount of waste generated and impact on the environment over the lifetime of a printer. With this, downtime is greatly reduced, with much less maintenance for the printer needed over its lifetime.
Among its key features are:
• High speed scan (simplex / duplex): 60 / 110ipm
• Low power consumption – 180W (operating)
• Default print resolution 600 x 1200dpi – High print quality up to 600 x 2400dpi
• DuraBrite Pro pigment inks
• Diverse media handling – Up to A3+ size on a range of media types of varying thickness of up to 350g/m2 and length of up to 1.2m.
• 5,350 sheet (80g/m2) max paper input with optional high capacity tray
• 4,000 sheet optional finisher unit with shift-sorting and stapling functions
• Versatile connectivity – Equipped with Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, USB 3.0, NFC and various mobile and remote printing solutions. Users can print and scan directly to smart devices.
• Advanced workflow solutions – Epson Device Admin for fleet management and Epson Print Admin for secured centralized management.