The Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank), a private universal bank, has introduced a new feature for its banking app.
Metrobank clients can now scan or upload a QR code to instantly transfer funds to other bank or e-wallet accounts.
Here’s how to access the new feature:
- On your Metrobank App’s dashboard, tap “QR” in the bottom navigation menu.
- Scan or upload the QR code of your recipient.
- After scanning the QR code, fill in the required details for your fund transfer. A “PHP 0.00” transfer fee should be reflected on the confirmation page for transactions worth P1,000 and below.
Zero transfer fees
Also, Metrobank is offering app users who send money worth P1,000 and below waived InstaPay fees until Sept. 30, 2023.
Users can also instantly receive funds via QR on the new Metrobank App. Here’s how:
- Tap “QR” in the dashboard’s bottom navigation menu.
- Select “Generate QR Code” and provide the necessary details. You can also indicate the amount you wish to receive, making it more convenient for the sender.
- After generating your unique QR code, easily share it with the person sending you money or save it on your device for later use.
Metrobank’s fund transfer via QR is enabled by QR Ph, the national standard for QR payments launched by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.