The Luzon lockdown in the Philippines affected practically the day to day lives of many Filipinos. Sending and receiving money has become difficult because of restrained movements. To address this, financial technology company PayMaya now allows its users to send money directly to a Smart Padala center nationwide.
With more than 30,000 Smart Padala touchpoints nationwide, users can continue to receive remittances from friends or family without having to step out of the house to be able to send money during the quarantine. By using PayMaya’s “Send Money” feature, just about anyone can transfer funds to anyone.
Just follow these steps:
- Check if the Smart Padala center near you is open and ask for their 16-digit account number.
- Log in to your PayMaya account and click Send Money.
- Enter the account number in the field provided, followed by the amount you wish to send to your recipient, then click “Continue”
- Review and verify the transaction details, then click “Send”
- To claim the money transfer, the recipient must proceed to the Smart Padala center you sent the funds to and present (1) valid ID, his/her mobile phone number, as well as the reference number of the transaction as proof.
To be able to send money to another PayMaya user or to a Smart Padala center, you must have an upgraded PayMaya account. This will also raise your monthly transaction limit to P100,000, from just P50,000 for non-upgraded accounts.
To upgrade an account, simply click the “Upgrade My Account” button in the menu, fill in the required details, and upload any of the following IDs for fast and seamless review and approval of your application: Driver’s License, Passport, UMID, Postal ID, SSS ID, or PRC license.
Users just need to make sure that they have also entered the same full name and birthdate details as reflected in the ID uploaded, and that the photo of the ID is clear and unobstructed.
For those who want to send money to other banks, just click the “Bank Transfer” button in the PayMaya app. The transfer fees for this service have been waived until further notice.