The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) led the simultaneous launching of 600 facilitated SIM registration sites in 15 pilot areas across the Philippines.
Supported by Public Telecommunication Entities (PTEs) including Smart Communications (Smart), Globe, and DITO Telecommunity (DITO), the agency hopes to boost SIM registration, which as of Jan. 24 reached 24.9 million.
To encourage more subscribers to register their SIM, PTEs are offering free mobile data allowance for every successful SIM registration. PTEs also provide assistance to subscribers, especially those who are having issues registering their SIMs.
Smart, TNT join NTC’s SIM Registration drive in remote areas
Registered SIM cards reach 23 million — DICT
The inter-agency ad hoc committee on SIM registration in remote areas is composed of relevant government agencies and PTEs.
DICT Undersecretary Anna Mae Yu Lamentillo emphasized the importance of the SIM registration law to curb text and call scams, and other fraudulent activities.
As of Jan. 25, some 12,055,418 Smart Prepaid, Smart Bro, and TNTph subscribers; and 942,883 Postpaid users, or a total of 12.99 million subscribers had registered their SIMs on the Smart network. Globe Telecom Inc. recorded 9,988,656 registered. DITO reported a total of 2,047,995 SIMs registered.
The facilitated SIM registration was held at the following areas:
- Pasuquin, Ilocos Norte – Municipal Auditorium of Pasuquin
- Moalboal, Cebu – Municipal Hall of Moalboal
- Palo, Leyte – Municipal Gym of Palo
- Pangantucan, Bukidnon – Municipal Gymnasium of Pangantucan
- Malalag, Davao del Sur – Covered Court of Malalag
- Atok, Benguet – Basketball Court in Atok
- Camalaniugan, Cagayan – Camalaniugan Sports Complex in Brgy. Dacal, Lafugu, Maharlika Hi-way
- Calumpit, Bulacan – Municipal Covered Court of Calumpit
- Rosario, Batangas – Luancing Covered Court, back of Municipal Hall Brgy. Poblacion
- City of Zamboanga, Zamboanga del Sur – Multi-purpose covered court in Brgy. Arena Blanco
Today, Jan. 27, facilitated SIM is happening in the following areas.
- Baco, Oriental Mindoro – Covered court in Brgy. Sta Rosa 1
- City of Ligao, Albay – Multi-purpose covered court in Brgy. Paulba, Ligao City
- Carles, Iloilo – Covered Gym of Carles in front of Municipal Hall
- Arakan, Cotabato – Emergency Operations Center (MDRRM Office) in Evacuation Center Bldg., Municipal Hall Compound, Poblacion
- Tagbina, Surigao del Sur – Municipal Gym of Tagbina
The DICT also initiated SIM Registration assistance in three locations in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM): Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao, Lamitan, Basilan, Public Market, and Bonggao, Tawi-Tawi, Public Market.
For online registration, click the following links:
- Smart – smart.com.ph/simreg or simreg.smart.com.ph
- Globe – new.globe.com.ph/simreg
- DITO – https://digital.dito.ph/pto/download/app
For complaints and concerns related to SIM Registration, you may contact the hotline at 1326. You may also reach the DICT through these numbers:
- Smart: 0947 714 7105
- Globe: 0966 976 5971 DITO: 0991 481 4225
Image from Smart Communications