One of Tower of Fantasy’s most compelling features is its weapons, which can be transformed through upgrades and come in various rarities, with increasing attributes. Each weapon has four skills: general attack, dodge, weapon-specific, and combination.
General attack skills are further divided into special stage attacks and stalls. Currently, there are 12 weapon types in the game, with three equipable at any time.
Each of these weapons has different effects when used in battle:
- Combination Attack: When the target of an attack is fully charged, switching weapons can trigger a combo attack.
- Phantom Time: Dodge before the monster hits to trigger Phantom Time, and build up the weapon’s original energy. Switching weapons will trigger the combo attack.
- Elemental Restraint: Monsters have unique weaknesses, triggering the correct elemental attack to deal more damage.
- Non-Attribute Shield: This shield has no elemental resistance, no elemental damage reduction effect, and is recommended to use together with monster weakness weapons.
- Physical Shield: The Cyan Physical Shield is significantly less likely to be broken by physical weapons when subjected to shield breakage. Elemental weapons can exploit their weaknesses.
Watch the trailer here.
Tower of Fantasy is set for release in the third quarter of 2022. Many players have already registered at the official site, as well as on Steam, Epic Game Store, the App Store and Google Play. Tower of Fantasy recently opened up pre-registration for PC and mobile players ahead of its Q3 2022 release window.