Customers who opt to pay COD (cash on delivery) for their Shopee purchases can now also use ShopeePay’s Scan to Pay feature.
By using Scan to Pay with Shopee Xpress, Shopee users can check the parcel first to see if the order is correct and in good condition before paying for it. The payment method is contactless ensuring the safety of both the buyers and riders to reduce potential health risks.
“As digital payments take on a greater significance in the lives of Filipinos, it is essential that we come up with initiatives that’ll make payments seamless, safer, and more worthwhile for our consumers,” said Martin Yu, director, Shopee Philippines. “Through this additional payment method, we can help people adapt to the evolving digital space and make the transition to a cashless society a lot more convenient.”
To make users’ experiences more rewarding, users who pay for their online purchases with ShopeePay through QR code scanning can get up to 20% cashback until June 10.
Here’s a guide on how users can safely Scan to Pay for their COD purchases via ShopeePay:
- Choose Cash on Delivery (COD) as a mode of payment and Shopee Xpress as a shipping option when checking out an item.
- Inform the Shopee Xpress rider about the preference to pay COD via ShopeePay
- Click ShopeePay wallet and choose “Scan”
- Scan the QR code of the Shopee Xpress rider
- Input the needed transaction order amount and your ShopeePay PIN
- Enjoy 20% cashback once payment is complete