Dell Technologies introduces Project Frontier, an edge operations software platform integrated with Dell’s edge portfolio, that enables customers to manage edge applications and infrastructure for deployments.
The complexities of edge operations, in locations from manufacturing floors and retail stores to remote wind turbines, are growing as more organizations want to manage and secure data at the source but have limited IT support to do it.
According to a 2022 IDC survey, 42% of businesses say the most challenging aspect of edge deployments is putting together an entire edge solution. With the amount of data generated growing nine times annually and expected to reach 221 exabytes by 2026, organizations need a simple and effective way to manage and secure the diverse ecosystem of edge technologies.
With the Project Frontier edge operations software platform, customers can expect:
- Their choice of software applications, IoT frameworks, operational technologies (OT), multicloud environments, and future technologies supported by an open design that will consolidate existing and new enterprise edge use cases.
- Zero Trust-enabled security protection across edge applications, data and infrastructure, from design to deployment, backed by end-to-end supply chain security measures.
- Greater efficiency and reliability of end-to-end edge operations with centralized management, zero-touch deployment, and secure device onboarding.
- Minimal need for IT expertise in the field with automation to streamline edge deployments and operations across potentially thousands of edge locations.
- Integration of edge compute and storage hardware with workloads for ease of serviceability and increased security.
- Global planning and support services across 170 countries to help design edge deployments and create a roadmap for scaling customers’ edge infrastructure to meet new demand.